Monday, September 19, 2011

Saint Karen's Creamy Chicken Veggie Bake

The other day my best friend from growing up, texted me to let me know that her mom, Karen, wanted to share a recipe on my blog.  Karen is an AMAZING cook, not to mention, an incredible person!  I'm pretty sure in the next life she (along with my mother) will be promoted to sainthood for all the things they endured while raising Linz and I....FOR INSTANCE:

One of my earliest memories was of being babysat by Karen.  I remember begging my Mom to let me wear my brand new church shoes to Linz's house. So I did.  When I got there, Linzie wanted to go exploring out in the corrals.  So we did.  I remember crawling over panels and through fences.  Then we made the mistake of trying to cross the "crap-pen".  For whatever reason that corral was 2-feet deep in pure, soft,  cow shiz...and before we knew it we were waist deep in it.  I remember thinking that was how my short little four-year-old life was going to end.  Right there in the quicksand of cow-poo. 

Miraculously, our chubby little bodies rolled out of there.  We were covered head to toe.  Poop drenching my new church shoes.  And like poop-covered weasels, we stumbled back to Linz's house.

Karen was so mad when she saw us.  I'm sure.  I remember her hosing us down on the lawn.  Linz and I were bawling...but like a troop she cleaned us up and took care of us...just like she gladly would for the next 15 years. 

This is a great recipe my friends!  I love this dish.  Its easy and very filling.  Perfect for sundays.  You will love it!  Thanks again Karen...and not just for the recipe (wink)!

Karen's Creamy Chicken Veggie Bake

1-2 lbs of chicken breasts cut into 3 or 4 inch pieces (like pictured below).


Several carrots cut into slices, along with diced yellow onion, and thinly sliced potatoes...all raw!

In a seperate bowl mix up 1 can of chicken cream soup, and 1 cup sour cream.  Add a little lemon juice and milk.

In a greased 9 x 13 baking dish add chicken and raw veggies and potatoes.  Salt and Pepper according to desire.  Cover this with the cream soup mixture.

Bake this UNCOVERED at 375 for close to an hour (or until veggies are soft). 

I know this recipe sounds simple but don't let its simplicity fool you...it tastes amazing!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment